– For first aid is recommended every family saving rehydration salts for diarrhea plus available. If the diarrhea does not stop immediately to the hospital, physician, or the nearest health center. In general, doctors prescribe antibiotics that contain sulfa to halt diarrhea. Help is desperately needed a doctor if diarrhea does not stop within 1-2 days.
Here are a variety of diarrhea requiring medical supervision.
Diarrhea in infants
Moderate or severe diarrhea in children
Diarrhea associated with blood
Diarrhea that continues for more than 2 weeks
Diarrhea that is associated with other common diseases such as abdominal pain, fever, and weight loss
Diarrhea in people traveling / leisure (possibility of infections such as parasites)
Diarrhea in institutions such as hospitals, child care, and mental health institutions
As for diarrhea in travelers usually occurs in those who consume food or beverages contaminated with bacteria, viruses, or parasites. The disease is often befall the people of developed countries who visit developing countries or countries with lower levels of hygiene at the place of origin. Besides diarrhea in travelers also often occurs in tourists who try to taste new foods that are unfamiliar. The result is a rejection of the stomach.
However, we do not have to worry too much if the diarrhea is because it usually can be cured by itself. Efforts to watch is if the cause prolonged diarrhea and dehydration. Once the symptoms of diarrhea immediately take anti-diarrheal drugs and restore the body fluids lost through drink.
Some common things that need to be considered to prevent this disease are as follows.
– Ensure food and beverages consumed are cooked. Bottled water safer than tap water.
– Avoid raw vegetables and fruit. Wash the fruit of the harbor with crystal clear water flowing.
– Avoid meat and raw or undercooked fish.
– To avoid drinks while milk or milk products that are not sterilized.
Treatment of diarrhea also can be done in other ways. One is to change what we eat. Some foods can cause diarrhea and other medications can help stop it.
Do not eat
– Dairy products (milk or cheese)
– Deep-fried cuisine
– Fatty foods including butter, margarine, or peanut oil
– Spicy Food
– Foods that contain lots of insoluble fiber. These include fruit or raw vegetables, bread wheat, corn, or the skin and seeds of fruits
Replace with the following food
– Grilled fresh bread or crackers
– Macaroni or noodles ordinary
– Boiled Eggs
– Mashed potatoes
– Yogurt (although these dairy products, food is partially digested by the bacteria used to make
The drugs used to treat diarrhea depends on its type. Doctors can not respond to drugs without him knowing treatments. Some drugs can be obtained without a prescription some of which are very good for diarrhea, including amino acid L-glutamine, bismuth sub salsilat, attapulgit and loperamide. Several other products are usually sold to treat constipation can also help with diarrhea. This product contains soluble fiber that adds to the amount of dirt and absorb water. These include products that contain psylium.
As an alternative therapy for diarrhea is to drink acidophilus capsules (which contain helpful bacteria). These capsules can restore normal digestion, especially when you are taking antibiotics. There was also some kind of yogurt that contains the ‘goodness of life “of acidophilus and work the same way.
Other drugs are peppermint, ginger and nutmeg considered daoat help with digestive problems. So peppermint or ginger tea or ginger ale are good choices for “clear liquids”. Also try adding nutmeg to your food or drink. Research shows that calcium tembahan helped relieve diarrhea in people taking nelfinavir. This might work for diarrhea caused by other drugs.